Signature Orbital Bangle Bracelet
Sterling silver bangle bracelet with the signature orbital link focal. This bracelet has a tension band with a hook closure to make it easy to put on and take off, yet stay secure on your wrist. This bracelet coordinates beautifully with all of the items in the Rebel Soul Design Orbital Signature Collection.
This bracelet is in stock and ready to ship.
small: 6 1/2" x 7/8" (165 mm x 24 mm), fits a 5 3/4" to 6 1/4" wrist.
medium: 7 1/4" x 7/8" (185 mm x 24 mm), fits a 6 1/2" to 7" wrist.
I get asked all the time how to keep silver jewelry bright and shiny and tarnish free. The best way, is to wear it often. The natural oils in your skin help to keep silver from oxidizing, or tarnishing. However, there are times when you shouldn't wear your jewelry and there are times when you need to properly store it.
Although you love your jewelry and want to wear it as much as possible, there are times when you should remove it:
- Going to bed - Jewelry is much more likely to be damaged while your are sleeping. This is especially true for chains, which can easily stretch or break, and prongs holding stones in placed can get caught or bed linens and be pulled open. Also more delicate earrings can be easily bent when you toss and turn at night.
- Entering swimming pools, hot tubs, saunas and the like - The chemical used in pools and especially hot tubs, will turn silver black, in some cases, almost immediately. Also, these chemical can also be especially damaging to gemstones. This also applies to using cleaning products around the house. Put on gloves to protect your rings and bracelets from harsh chemicals, or remove your jewelry first.
- Heading to the beach - Sand can be tough on both metal and gemstones. Sunscreens can also make your fingers slippery and you are more likely to loose your jewelry when in the water.
- Hand washing and showering - I have lost more than one ring and earring down the drain. And on the topic of water, if the water in your home is higher in chlorine or fluoride (common in city water), or high in sulfur or iron (common in well water), your silver jewelry is likely to oxidize more quickly. So the less it is in contact with water, the better.
- Gardening or using any hand tools - This helps to cut down on the wear and tear of your jewelry, especially rings. While gloves can help prevent scratching metals and stones, rings are still susceptible to bending, or having prongs break.
- Exercising - Excessive sweating can contribute to tarnish. Also lifting weights can bend ring bands.
Always put on your jewelry AFTER you have applied your skin care products, makeup, sunscreen, perfume, and hair products. Some of the chemical compounds in these products can speed up the oxidation process that ultimately turns silver black. They can also be damaging to certain gemstones like pearls, opals, and turquoise. Also, product can get trapped under gemstones and in the decorative details in your jewelry, causing bacterial growth, which beyond the obvious grossness, can also cause skin irritation or infection.
So what should you do then to keep your jewelry safe and free from oxidation?
- First of all, when you remove your jewelry, store it somewhere safe. Keep a ring dish by the kitchen sink and in the bathroom to put your jewelry in temporarily while cleaning or washing. Then make sure your hands are dry before putting on any rings again.
- Do not store your jewelry in your bathroom long term. The humidity in bathrooms is notorious for accelerating the oxidation of silver.
- Do invest in a jewelry storage solution. This will help you keep your jewelry safe, and scratch free, and organized. There's nothing worse than pulling out a mess of tangled necklaces or not being able to find that second earring easily. Your jewelry is less likely to get damaged when it is stored properly and with care.
- Do not store silver jewelry that you don't wear often out in the open. The best way is to store it long term in small plastic ziploc bags. I hate to advocate for using more plastic, but this really does help keep your silver bright and shiny for longer periods of time. You can also invest in anti-tarnish strips to put in the bag or box, along with your jewelry. These tabs will not remove any oxidation, but will help prevent it. You can find them on Amazon or Etsy.
- Gently wipe your jewelry with a soft cloth before your store it to remove any surface dirt or oils.
What do to if your silver jewelry is already oxidized?
- For light oxidation, use some warm water and mild dish soap (Dawn is highly recommended) with a soft brush, like a baby tooth brush to gently remove dirt, oils, and oxidation. Then dry well with a soft cloth before wearing or storing. If your water is very hard, as is the case with some city water and well water, use distilled water instead of tap water.
- Invest in a soft jewelry polishing cloth. You can pick these up from most jewelry stores and they are relatively inexpensive. These are great for removing heavier oxidation. These clothes work best for cleaning jewelry with pearls and delicate stones like opals and turquoise.
- For really heavy oxidation, when the silver is a dark brown or black, you can try the polishing cloth first, but if that doesn't work, then line a Pyrex dish with aluminum foil and carefully lay your tarnished jewelry on the foil. Then add boiling water and baking soda to the dish (about 1 tablespoon of baking soda for each cup of boiling water). This creates a reaction that moves the oxidation from the silver to the aluminum foil. After 10 minutes, remove your jewelry and dry with a soft cloth.
NOTE: This technique is not recommended for jewelry that contains delicate gems, such as pearl, opals, and turquoise. If you are unsure about your gems, do not try this. If you are in doubt, then take your jewelry to a professional jeweler for cleaning.
Regardless of whether your jewelry is expensive, sentimental, or both, you want to have it around for a long time. Take care and treat it well, and you will be able to enjoy it for many years to come.
The following information is applicable to all orders, regardless of shipping destination.
- Carrier: All orders are shipped via Canada Post.
- Shipping Fees: Purchases of $100 or more are shipped free in North America and include tracking and insurance. Purchases under $100 ship for $5 + tax in Canada using standard mail - no tracking or insurance. For all other countries, the shipping costs and associated taxes are calculated at check out.
- Insurance and Tracking: If you elect to choose a shipping option that does not include insurance and tracking, Rebel Soul Design can not be held responsible for any packages that become lost during transit. For orders over $100 CAD we strongly recommend that you select a shipping option that includes tracking and insurance.
- Shipping Address: Please ensure that you provide your correct shipping address. We are not responsible for non-delivery due to errors in the provided address. If an order is returned due to an incorrect address, you will be charged full shipping fees again to re-send your order.
- Custom Orders Processing Time: Some of our products, such a rings, are not created until they are ordered. Refer to each individual product listing for details on processing time. Include this processing time with the estimated shipping time to get an estimate on how long may take to receive your order. If you located in a country other than Canada, note that customs delays can further increase the time it will take to receive your order.
- Purchasers are responsible for any additional customs charges or brokerage fees associated with their order.
- Rebel Soul design is not responsible for any delays in shipping times due to customs processing delays.
- If your order is returned to us because you could not be contacted at the time of delivery, or you refused to pay your country's import fees, you will receive a refund for your order LESS the shipping fee and LESS any import/customs fees you may have charged.
International (Europe, Great Britain)
- Many British and European countries require VAT/import fees at customs before delivery can be completed. The purchaser is solely responsible for paying these fees.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
All Rebel Soul Design all of our jewelry is handmade and guaranteed for quality craftsmanship. We strive to ensure that you are happy with your order.
I gladly accept returns and exchanges. Please contact us within 3 days of delivery and ship items back within 30 days of delivery.
Exceptions: Because of the nature of custom and personalized orders, unless they arrive damaged or defective, we cannot accept exchanges or returns for these items. As well, due to hygienic reasons, earrings will be subject to a $10 CAD restocking fee - this is to cover the cost of replacing earring wires, posts, and backings. This amount will be deducted from the refund amount.
DAMAGES AND DEFECTS
Please inspect all packages upon arrival. Contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 days of receiving damaged or defective shipments. If your shipment appears to have been damaged in transit, please keep all packaging material and do not use the product so that we can document the issue with the carrier. We will do our best to replace any damaged goods wherever possible. In cases where replacement with the same item is not possible we will work together to find a suitable replacement item, or offer you a full refund.
CONDITIONS OF RETURN
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Additional non-returnable items:
REFUNDS (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
LATE OR MISSING REFUNDS (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com
To return your product, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for return shipping.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item, unless the item was damaged during shipping. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $100, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned item.